April 18, 2018 | Pennsylvania Counseling Services, Inc.
1. Stress can be caused by any positive or negative stimulants that arouse our adrenaline.
2. Physical symptoms of illness can be increased by stress.
3. Stress levels always stay the same.
4. Worrying about the past or future can increase your stress levels.
5. Exercise, healthy eating habits and regular sleeping patterns can reduce stress levels.
6. Stress is always bad.
7. Unhealthy or unhappy relationships can cause stress.
7 Ways to Reduce Stress
Develop a realistic schedule that allows time for work, sleep, relationships and fun.
SET PRIORITIES & PACE YOURSELF.
Know your strengths and limitations. Remember, it’s okay to say no to scheduling plans.
TALK TO FAMILY, FRIENDS OR PEOPLE YOU TRUST.
Make time for daily doses of conversation. Challenge yourself to open up about your problems and feelings.
LEARN TO RELAX.
Soak in a hot bath, read a book, take a walk, listen to music or pursue a hobby or creative interest.
DEVELOP A SENSE OF HUMOR.
Laughter relieves immediate tension and puts things in perspective.
FORM HEALTHY LIVING HABITS.
Good habits like healthy eating and exercising regularly can help relieve and prevent stress.